Have you ever dreamed of building your own bass from scratch…?
The hindrance is the lack of tools and templates and a masters degree of know how and you cannot get that from youtube..
But now I have made a fantastic dream come true for you!
During two weeks you get to be in my workshop and build your own high end bass and do the steps including planing, bookmatching, glueing, routing, shaping, finishing, that I do everyday here at Unicornbass. There´s limited spots available so if you want to make your own world class bass, contact me today to get in line for the next class.
No skills needed
You do not need any prior knowledge in bass manufacturing. You will get guiding all the way and I will show you every step of the way. If there are any steps that you feel you´re afraid of because of certain tools, I will make them for you, so you get the hands on experience without the tummy butterflies.
Take a look at what the students have achieved (below) in these classes without prior bass building knowledges..
There are two different models in either 4, 5 or 6 string. One sligthly based on the Ozellman, model ONE 34" and one completely newly designed Model TWO 32". See below for pictures and video.
- Bookmatched laminated maple/ purpleheart neck with dual action trussrod.
- Bookmatched mahogany or alder body centerlined with a selection of bookmatched wood top. Tops like flame maple will be an optional extra.
- Hipshot ultralites and Hipshot bridge. (D-tuner option, +1000 sek)
- Closed or open pore matte finish.
- Ebony or maccassar ebony fingerboard.
- 4-string: 19 mm spacing. 40 mm nut
- 5 string: 18 mm spacing. 45 mm nut +1500 sek
- 6 string: 17 mm spacing. 48 mm nut +3000 sek
- Passive electronics. 2x Unicornbass QUAD pickups with VOL/BAL/TONE
- Active Unicornbass preamp optional. +2000 for BASS/TREBLE config (stack knobs)
- Base prise for two weeks including materials and free snacks/drinks etc (4-string) without options:
27.920 ex sales tax 34.900 inc sales tax (SEK)
10 days class 8.30-16.00, weekdays. Lunch break one hour. Evenings and weekend off!
No of participants is limited so I can give each and everyone the best individual support and guidance.
Class held at Unicornbass workshop in beautiful Hammenhög, Sweden
Where to stay and eat
There are many good BnB´s in this part of Sweden. Everything from charming BnB´s to luxurious hotels. You will find available places to stay at booking.com.
Have you got any questions? Contact me at +46 731510788 or send an email at email@example.com
What to do in between the classes
Ystad / Österlen is one of the most beautiful parts of the country and in august there is lots of things to do and see, everything from art events to small farm boutiques and in between, exquisite pubs and restaurants. Ystad is the main city and is famous for quaint alleys and old timbered frame houses. On the other hand, Österlen is like the Tuscany of Sweden, lots of things to see, fantastic nature and everything is within 45 minutes drive. So if your spouse decides to tag along, there is lots of things to see and do in Österlen besides guitar making. We have 3 full time Luthiers within a 15 minute drive radius which is pretty darn impressive for being in Sweden. I hope this will be an experience you will remember for the rest of your life!
Link to Visit Skåne sydost